Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Proposal Development Manager leads all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission. Oversees proposal development activities and oral presentations that are focused and responsive to customer-defined requirements. Ensures compliance with government laws, regulations and management objectives. Partners with other internal departments to help bid and win new business for the company.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Serves as the project manager for the entire proposal process from receipt of request for proposals to proposal delivery as well as any required follow-up
- Communicates business strategies and business unit objectives to Proposal Development Team
- Oversees and expedites the following processes; information gathering and compilation, data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery of proposals
- Communicates proposal status to upper management; advises of contractual rights and obligations, compiles and analyzes data and maintains historical information
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance requirements are followed in proposals
- Gathers relevant project data on Proposal Development’s efforts to reach strategic goals and provides metric reports to upper management
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Highly experienced in proposal development; with exposure to large and cross-departments business projects
- Flexibility and adaptability to change; able to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation
- Demonstrates complex analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve problems
- Must have managerial experience; excellent leadership skills to perform as lead on complex projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion; effective oral and written communication skills, with strong attention to details
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training