Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to nine regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh & Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
We are currently seeking an accounting professional to fill the role of Staff Accountant to work in our Indianapolis region. This person will work collaboratively with the Regional Vice Presidents, Operations Leaders, and Corporate Accounting to provide a full range of high level accounting support.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- General Ledger reconciliation
- Bank account reconciliation
- Cash Receipt management
- Accounts Payable management
- Prepare billings
- Monthly job cost review to ensure accurate forecasting, budgeting, and revenue & income reporting.
- Monthly regional analysis of cash flow, over & under billings, aged receivables & quarterly accruals.
- Budget management
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related discipline
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles/functions.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Any Construction/Remote Job Site experience is a plus
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
Standard Accounting Practices