American Health Network is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to join the team at their Lab in their Muncie, IN Office.
WHY JOIN THE AMERICAN HEALTH NETWORK TEAM?
At American Health Network, we are consistently striving to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets that we serve. We are a physician led organization that operates over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio with over 200 physicians and 1600 total employees. Our mission and culture revolves around helping our patients live healthier lives and improving the healthcare system for all. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT FOR AHN?
AHN Medical Assistants are responsible for both front and back office tasks including:
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED TO QUALIFY?
- Rooming patients, obtaining health history, checking vital signs and performing EKG’s
- Administering injections and collecting specimens
- Documenting patient care using NextGen electronic medical record software
- Scheduling appointments, completing prior authorizations, processing medication refills, handling referrals, answering calls and completing paperwork
- Assisting physicians and nurse practitioners with minor, in-office procedures
Along with excellent communication skills and a patient-centric focus, AHN Medical Assistants must have:
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR AMERICAN HEALTH NETWORK
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Assistant Certification or ability to obtain a Medical Assistant Certification within the first 6 months of employment (CCMA, AMT, AAMA, NHA, NCCT, NAHP)
- EHR/EMR experience (NextGen experience a plus)
- At least one year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant is preferred
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k Investment plans with up to a 4% company match
- Paid time off (PTO) and Holiday pay
- Company paid life insurance program
- Employee discount programs
- Tuition reimbursement for qualifying educational programs
Electronic Medical Record
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2302
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.