To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Banking Officer
Nesco Resource • Lexington, KY
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for advising business customers of the banking products available to meet their financial needs. Is responsible for evaluating the customer's application and credit worthiness and recommending approval of a loan and other bank products, when appropriate. This position is responsible for meeting production goals, following up on referrals, and promoting products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships by calling on existing or prospective customers, including identification of prospects, suitable method of contact and determination of their needs and appropriate products and/or services.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their banking needs, explain the types of loans and other banking products available. Discuss options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtains information for loan applications and other banking products, explain the process and answer questions.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtains and compiles copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Manages the loan application through the underwriting process to decisioning.
- Stays abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Stays abreast of regulatory compliance requirements, loan policy and operating guidelines.
- Reviews and updates credit and loan files.
- Submits applications to Central Retail or Credit Officers for underwriting and analysis, as applicable.
- Submits necessary documents to Central Processing Department and Loan Processor for generation of loan documents.
- Closes and funds loans within authority.
- Manages credit and collection of payments up to 30 days delinquent for the life of the loan.
- Monitors loan documents, including loan agreements to ensure borrower is in compliance with terms throughout life of loan.
- Handles customer complaints as needed and takes appropriate action to resolve them.
- Participates in outside community and charitable organizations on behalf of the Bank.
- Manages daily NSF as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products, in particular Word and Excel; Bank information systems; Laser Pro and Internet research when appropriate.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations including a thorough understanding of financial institution products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry information such as customer financial statements, tax returns, and complex technical documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management in verbal and written format.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other departments of known concepts.
- Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems and collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to communicate orally to others to convey information effectively.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of those arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications specific to the position.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study; additional years of experience above the minimum requirements may be considered in lieu of education.
- Five (5) years of direct experience working as a commercial or small business lender; experience must include outside sales calling on commercial clients and prospects and the management and growth of an individual loan portfolio.
- Experience managing individual relationships up to $10 million.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to regularly travel to other locations.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Comply with all Bank Secrecy Act rules and regulations and any related laws and regulations.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Experience managing individual relationships up to $10 million.
5 years: Five (5) years of direct experience working as a commercial or small business lender; experience must include outside sales calling on commercial clients and prospects and the management and growth of an individual loan portfolio.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.