EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Entry Level Software Engineer – Data Engineering & Analytics. Follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Entry Level Software Engineer – Data Engineering & Analytics on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Data Science and Analytics Engineer. This role would be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Designs and implements complete and complex data modelling and analytics to measure the performances of complex telecommunication systems and assist in devising feed back control to improve the efficiency of the system.
- Apply the knowledge in statistics, AI/ML ,coding and development, cloud-based analytics platform to create a integrated data analytics platform for complex communications system.
- Work with internal and external clients to provide solutions to data analytics problems.
- Ensures company products and services work effectively within given customer parameters and constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering in the field of data science, mathematics/statistics, telecommunication or related technical field
- Hands on experience in Data Analytics, Data Modelling, Data Visualization, and/or Data Security
Preferred Extra Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in computer science/engineering in the field of data science, mathematics/statistics, telecommunication or related technical field.
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Familiarity in Cloud based data architecture and development of applications.
- Knowledge of software development design patterns and Model-View-Controller principles, and experience in using any standard web templating like Django/Node.JS/ Angular
- Hands on experience in on any JS frameworks/libraries like D3.js, Bootstrap CSS, Backbone.js , highcharts etc
- Some hands on working in Unix/Linux operating systems
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Bootstrap (Front End Framework)
- J Query
- Java Script (Programming Language)