Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of two powerful companies in the metals industry, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies and Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery. Operating globally, Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the Primetals Technologies Team means that our customers can count on reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this means abundant opportunities to gain challenging work experience and steady growth potential for their careers.
Based upon our business growth and internal promotions, we are looking to hire for the Manual Machinist position at our MSM - North East MD Facility where we operate 3 shifts to meet the demands of our current workload!
• Forms and shapes material
• Operates lathes, drill presses, mills, routers, grinding machines, duplicating, and profile machines
• Includes machinists, machine operators, and apprentice
• Works from drawings and written instructions to create replacement and new parts in making repairs to metal parts
• Work is routine and machining is performed to ordinary tolerances
• Requires basic knowledge of various metals and of measurements used in machining processes
• Performs housekeeping of machine and work area
• Performs daily maintenance check of machine
• Other work may be assigned at Management’s discretion
• High School or Equivalent
• Mechanical aptitude required
• Related experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
• Crane/Forklift – In-house training provided to obtain certification
• Proper use of Safety Equipment such as Safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses and gloves
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment, including a 6% match on the 401(k) plan. Relocation will be available to candidates based on experience and position. If you want to learn more about Primetals Technologies, visit our website: primetals.com!
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.