To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Midstream Pipeline Project Engineer
Worley - Energy, Chemicals & Resources (ECR) • Houston, TX
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 74,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230 offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The companys service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
- Oversees the project engineering activity (all disciplines) on a mid-cap project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit.
- Plans and directs project engineering assignments on the project
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with ability to plan, organize and direct a large (60 person) multi-discipline engineering and design team
- Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments
- May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position
- Responsible for all Project Management related duties; project safety, scope of work, schedule, cost estimate, cost reports, project staffing, project team performance, construction, invoicing and quality plan
- Requires basic knowledge of administrative practices and company standards
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Proficient technical ability and awareness
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Proficient execution planning skills
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities.
- Working knowledge of project control systems
- Working knowledge of the EPC business and TIC estimating processes
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
- Good communication skills
- Must have excellent client skills and a general knowledge of most all project technical activities
- Ability to motivate staff to obtain optimum performance
- Understands contract terms
- Responsible for change management across all disciplines
- Focuses on EPC results
- BS in an Engineering field (Civil/Mechanical/Chemical) with a minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Engineering Manager (or equivalent) or Facilities Managers
- 5 to 10 years of pipeline and terminal experience is required
- Pump station experience is preferred
- Experience in covering multiples disciplines on a project is a plus
- Incumbent should have experience including direction of design and coordinating with other disciplines, project controls and procurement
- Refining is the desired experience however a plus is petrochemical or oil and gas design experience. Estimating experience required
- EIT or PE Certificate of Registration (preferred)
- Familiar with Engineering codes and standards
- Intermediate level knowledge of computer applications and other engineering tools
- Is current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a broad technical knowledge of the detailed design engineering process
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.