Join the team that’s providing the highest quality of care to seniors in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Communities has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact at our senior living facilities, where you’ll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
Are you passionate about helping others? If so, becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) could be for you!
• Learn the skills you need to take the CNA certification exam!
• Training is held Monday through Friday daylight hours during the first week
• Includes classroom and clinical training
• Classes and exam fees are paid for by UPMC!
• Perfect attendance and punctuality for the CNA class is required.
• Promptly reporting to class as assigned
• Provide resident care under direct supervision of the Nursing Assistant Instructor
• Obtain assignment from Nursing Assistant Instructor
• Make rounds to all residents on assignment to make sure the resident has no immediate requests
• Meet resident needs as identified during rounds
• Consistently work cooperatively and pleasantly with all staff, residents, family members, and Nursing Assistant Instructor
• Follow Resident Rights policies at all times
• CNA trainee must maintain confidentiality of information at all times
• Breaks and lunches are scheduled as per the Nursing Assistant Instructor
• The Nursing Assistant Instructor is to make any adjustments to the schedule.
• All students are expected to follow all UPMC policies and procedures.
• Completion of class to prepare for PA nursing assistant certification exam.
• High school graduate or GED preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification preferred
• Act 34 and Older Adult Protective Services Act clearance (when required) as needed
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days or hire if entering a position as part of CNA training program, employee has 120 days to obtain CNA
- Basic Life Support
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation