To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Technician - Welder
CF Industries • Sergeant Bluff, IA
Posted 4 days ago
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:8 Hour, AH21BA Maintenance - Mechanical
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant safely, correctly, and efficiently. The technicians meet this responsibility by understanding and adhering to standard maintenance procedures and techniques.
The welder maintenance technician joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques. The technician must be able to perform TIG and shielded metal arc welding on high pressure stainless steel and carbon steel process piping per ASME code. The technician interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams and schematics.
1. Maintain plant equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, piping, etc.) to precisely stated specifications. This includes installation and disassembly of new or replacement equipment and the ability to troubleshoot or diagnose problems. The technician also rebuilds and fabricates parts and performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
2. The technician will insure safety by maintaining a clean work area and shop and also cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
3. The position requires coordination of activities with those of others and after developing experience trains other technicians.
4. Must be willing and able to perform manual duties including labor, concrete work, yard maintenance, ditch digging, cleanup, janitorial work, truck driving, maintenance and construction machine operation.
5. The technician needs to be able to follow instructions and procedures, but also work independently.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college education preferred.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel.
3. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
4. The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on weekends, nights and holidays.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].