To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Concord, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
15P Aviation Operations Specialist
Army National Guard • Concord, NH
Posted 3 days ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Looking for a job in aviation? Join the Army National Guard as an Aviation Operations Specialist and watch your skills and abilities soar! In this role, you will help operate one of the largest fleets of aircraft in the world by keeping accurate and detailed flight information records for both flight and ground crews.
Through training and practice in this specialty, you will learn how to schedule and dispatch tactical aircraft missions. Specific duties may include processing flight clearances, planning flight schedules and air crew assignments, coordinating flight plans, and keeping flight logs. This training will prepare you for a civilian career as a flight operations specialist, which could qualify you to work for commercial and private airlines, air transport companies, and airports.
• Alert crash crews of emergencies
• Interpret and post weather reports
• Interest in working with computers
• Interest in math, aircraft, and air traffic
• Keeping accurate records
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Aviation Operations Specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.