Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Superintendent- Caustic, Utilities, and Brine at our Wichita Plant located in Wichita, KS.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain as our highest priority the protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products.
- Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations.
- Review and promote consistency of operation, application of policies/procedures, and accountability across all process areas.
- Develops the department annual operating plan and assures that plan commitments are routinely met with regard to production, time, cost, and quality.
- Establish the expectation and encourage ideas for continual variable and fixed cost reductions.
- Manage training needs for the Production Team and ensuring that all compliance and employee qualification requirements are completed
- Support and establish priorities for Wichita capital engineering by obtaining input from production personnel.
- Partner with the maintenance department to identify, prioritize and schedule routine, capital and T/A maintenance work.
- Develop long term solutions to issues through engineering and cost analysis.
- Manage the overall production plan for shutdowns. Develop (with process supervisors’ input) detailed shutdown, decontamination, and start-up plans for major plant shutdowns. Provide technical assistance to the Process Supervisors during planning for minor equipment/process shutdowns.
- Hires, directs work assignments, evaluates personnel performance, promotes, transfers, and disciplines employees in the department consistent with company policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- B. S. degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical) or equivalent with a minimum of five years plant process experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Previous supervisory experienc
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Collective Bargaining
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Interpersonal Skills