WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Process Engineer
709 Papermill Rd
Dublin, Georgia, 31027
Process Engineer – Dublin, GA
The process engineer is responsible for managing technical projects aimed at product and process problem-solving and/or improvements, cost reduction, and profitability improvement. Process engineers provide technical assistance to the operating departments to help them achieve the mill’s goals and objectives while driving continuous process improvement.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Determine and implement process changes and/or trials to improve operating efficiency and performance and minimize variation
- Perform daily checks of production output and contributing factors
- Partner with operations, E&I, and Process Control Engineers to understand all processes and how teams and individuals are involved and impacted at each step
- Provide operators, other managers, and salaried employees with analytical support and problem-solving related to operating processes
- Drive continuous process improvement within an operating area through the coordination and management of raw material and other process trials (e.g. using an ingredient or process aid/chemical)
- Translate production efficiencies and reduced variances to revenues and costs
- Use material balances to identify process problems with transmitters and other equipment
- Serve as the owner and subject matter expert for Process Book (the mill’s software to view Distributed Control System equipment), ensuring that all data and documentation is accurate and up to date
- Develop Process Book pages to capture insight into processes and equipment, including the creation of new PI tags (e.g., flow, pressure, temperature, and mode on the equipment)
- Troubleshoot pump performance with a pump curve analysis to assess whether a pump is under designed, past life expectancy, worn out, or underperforming for various reasons
- Track and analyze data related to any trials, changes and continual production information to inform recommendations and decisions
- Gather and cleanse production and process data and perform statistical/analytical tests to uncover important variables and their impacts
- Generate production reporting, create process monitoring reports, and perform daily troubleshooting of the process
What you need to succeed:
- Chemical Engineering or related bachelor’s degree required.
- VBA training preferred
- PI Training preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a process engineering role required
- Work experience in the paper industry or similar industry through an internship or co-op preferred
- Proficient computer skills including experience Microsoft Office – Excel (ability to script macros is preferred), Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all departments.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Review and share best practices with peers in technical subject areas including computer software and systems (Plant Information System, Excel, quality data tracker, electronic log sheet)
- Support the area operations management with daily production reporting
- Regularly communicate process-related data to operations and management in readily consumable way
- Deliver presentations to operations team and leadership providing an executive-level summary of Process Excellence projects
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Keywords: process engineer,
process engineering, production efficiency, waste reduction, optimization,
process optimization, energy efficiency, cost reduction, process improvement, steam,
recaust, power & recovery, pulp, power, recovery, boiler, boilers, paper, paper machine, stock prep, linerboard, pulp, pulp & paper, lime kiln, limekiln, recaust, trials, PI, JDE, increasing
speed, chemical reduction, paperboard, linerboard, containerboard, brown paper,
- Process Optimization
- Process Engineering
- Business Process Improvement
- Process Control