Business Development Leader
Viracor Eurofins is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease, and allergy testing. We offer a range of unique clinical laboratory and biopharmaceutical services and provide exceptional test turnaround times. More than 4,000 healthcare providers, commercial laboratories, and biopharmaceutical companies rely on us for our unique and convenient services.
Viracor Eurofins is searching for a Business Development Leader. The ideal candidate would live within a major metropolitan city inside the sales territory. Sales Territory includes: Northeast.
This is a Full Time
position. Schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM,
with overtime as needed.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Business Development Leader is primarily responsible for growing Viracor Eurofins' Biopharma business; generating revenue by recruiting regional biopharmaceutical clients.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Manage all phases of regional BioPharma sales activities
- Grow Viracor Eurofins' BioPharma business by expanding contract base and revenue in existing assigned accounts and by securing new business
- Prioritize activities and identify key accounts in assigned region based on the potential growth opportunity and develop new accounts and customers.
- Meet or exceed annual Revenue and New Contracts Quotas
- Efficiently move a client through the sales process from cold calling to close and follow-up
- Effectively deliver formal sales presentations to groups
- Navigate and penetrate all targeted departments/personnel within an account
- Generate Statements of Work (SOWs) in an accurate and timely manner working in conjunction with R&D, clinical operations and project management
- Perform targeted activities that maximize client interactions and sales productivity; maintain updated records
- Work effectively with Viracor Eurofins Associates as required to provide the best service possible to an Account
- Provide input to strategic direction for the overall growth of the BioPharma business
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Utilize strong network of contacts both inside and outside the Company
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and incompliance with applicable regulatory requirements and associate attributes at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management
What we offer:
- Advanced degree in a related life science or business is preferred; BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of related experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related healthcare field
- Capable of learning, retaining, and effectively communicating technical material
- Effectively uses scientific knowledge in the course of a client visit or presentation
- Possesses strong understanding of, and can effectively compare and contrast the diagnostic technologies used at Viracor Eurofins against other available technologies
- Ability to understand the latest information from clinical studies & abstracts
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to influence leadership and others
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance
- Willing to travel 50+%
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams, reference labs and biopharmaceutical companies get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients we serve. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.