To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Machine Operator-2nd Shift ($15.72 Plus Shift Differential)
Valmont Industries, Inc. • Elkhart, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Tapering Assistant position at the Elkhart facility. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will work directly with the Tapering Operator produce poles on our Tapering Machine. Additionally, you will…
- Move aluminum shafts by means of carts/cranes to work area and loading charge rack
- Assist with the taper of the shaft and removal of the shaft from the machine when complete.
- Use hand tools to remove the bell of the shaft and cut hand hole openings from poles
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year prior experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to accurately perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Ability to accurately take measurements using close tolerance measuring instruments
- Ability to read, understand and work with prints, drawings and work documents
Working Environment/Physical Efforts
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hands(s) and arms(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Able to use hand tools, including files, hammers, snips; power tools such as sanders, drills, riveters, and grinders.
- Proficiency in working with hand tools and common metal shop tasks
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Vocational training as a machinist
- Previous work experience with computer controlled industrial machinery
- Previous exposure to lean manufacturing concepts
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].