UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You want to do work that really matters. We want to bring more health resources and better solutions to the most vulnerable and least served members in our communities. This sounds like the perfect match. In this role you can work with state and federal government agencies, physicians and other providers, to bring greater care to more than three million people. Make a difference in the lives of those in your own community and a career with UnitedHealthcare will allow you to do just that! Your performance will be rewarded!
**** This is an outside/field-based + bonus sales position ****
This Medicare Sales Rep is responsible for educating Medicare beneficiaries in the community on Medicare options and helping them make informed decisions regarding which plan is most appropriate for their needs. An ideal candidate will have a passion for helping the aging and disabled community and looking for a long-term career move into individual sales. He/she will demonstrate confidence to work within their community as a subject matter expert, the ability to quickly learn a new industry with high compliance and ethical standards and the motivation to work in an exceptional sales environment.
If you are located within the state of New York, you may be who we are looking for. You will have some flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges in the market.
- Interact with senior population, helping the aged 65+ and disabled population make challenging healthcare decisions and conduct presentations at group/centers, churches, homes, etc. to sell and promote Medicare product
- Travel throughout an assigned territory and work directly with community-based organizations, providers, and other sources to obtain referrals
- Manage your travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results
- Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information
- Generate own leads - some sales leads are company provided
- Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Apply strong sales acumen skills in generating and closing leads
- Dedication to local and national training to become an industry expert abiding by UnitedHealthcare and CMS compliance standards
- Ethical behavior and integrity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active NY Accident and health insurance license
- 1+ years of outside sales in managed care (Medicaid/ Medicare) or territory management experience
- Travel up to 100% of the time within assigned NY sales territory
- Possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Live within a commutable distance of this assigned Hudson Valley NY sales territory
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Marketing, social services and/or community networking experience
- Healthcare experience
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage or Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP)
- Experience in business planning, sales strategy and market analysis
- Portfolio sales experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicare Sales Rep, Health License, D - SNP, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Sales Enrollment Representative, Sales, Healthcare, Bilingual, Medicare Sales, Sales Agent, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work At Home, Kingston, Westchester, New City , Catskill, Monticello, New York, NY