Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Maintenance Mechanic:
- $3000.00 Sign-On Bonus for all new hires!
- Great starting pay of $30.72 per hour
- Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
- Stable union position with pension for retirement
- Company sponsored Health & Wellness Program
Maintenance Mechanic Position Summary:
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity by repairing and maintaining a wide range of processing equipment across the plant/bakery.
Maintenance Mechanic Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety by following all company, OSHA, and government rules and procedures including; Lock-out / Tag-out procedures,
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety, and food safety standards.
- Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Troubleshoot and develop sustainable solutions for issues with equipment, to include; PLC controlled equipment, plant electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, distribution, feed control systems.
- Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders and detailed logs.
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Identify required parts and maintain current inventories, and parts reorder lists.
Schedule Hiring for:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
- Shift Start Time: Flexibility required
- Overtime may be needed
Internal Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Keywords: Mechanic, Maintenance Tech, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Electrician, Electro-Mechanical, Multi-Craft, Multi-Skill, Industrial Mechanic, Facilities mechanic, Industrial Electrician, HVAC Technician, Automation Technician, PLC Technician
Ideal Qualification for the Maintenance Mechanic are:
- Associates degree and/or Technical School certification or training is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v, 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings
- Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s, VFD’s and HMI’s is preferred
- Preferred - 3 years’ experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant. Strong plus if trained and experienced in compressed air systems, boilers, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Ability to work and communication effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed IF NEEDED
- Physical requirements: ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand, climb, and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, work in an environment with varying temperatures and humidity
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Variable Frequency Drive
Programmable Logic Controllers
Human Computer Interaction