Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently searching for an Environmental Scientist to join our growing Salem, New Hampshire team. This individual will support ongoing federal programs in environmental testing and restoration within the Northeast region. This position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to practice and develop skills including multimedia sampling, technical report writing, and client interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of active teams conducting hands-on multi-media environmental sampling, including surface and subsurface soil, overburden and bedrock groundwater, sediment, surface water, ambient air, indoor air, etc.
- Record field data accurately and compile data into coherent products for transmittal to data management for upload into centralized databases, as well as to other staff and client groups.
- Compile data from various database programs for publication and for mapping through Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Assist preparation of written documents, which will include contractor specifications, sampling and analysis plans, data summary reports, engineering assessments, letters and opinion papers.
- Review and interactively interpret data patterns and trends, compare to regulatory standards and assist in the development of recommendations for actions based on regulatory constraints
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A driver’s license current and valid for a state in the United States is required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in the scientific, engineering, environmental consulting, contracting or related industry is required.
- Fundamental understanding of multimedia sampling, including either groundwater, soil, sediment, air and biological tissue is required.
- Coursework or experience with location data, land survey techniques, and GIS mapping programs is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret and develop both written technical documents and tabular presentation of data is required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook is required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Project or other scheduling software is a plus.
- Experience or coursework with database software such as Access, SQL Server or others is a plus.
- Existing certifications for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training specified in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (e) is preferred.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in, Geology, Earth Science, Geography, Chemistry, or Environmental Science is required.
The ability to read, interpret, and understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form is required. A mastery of the English language for both interpretation of written and oral instructions from numerous sources and for explanation of findings is expected and required.
Candidate must have the ability to work well in a professional and team-oriented environment, as well as independently. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, excellent leadership skills, and be client focused. Must possess basic computer skills; the computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies