To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fall River, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Staff Accountant
Blount Fine Foods Corp • Fall River, MA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Summary: To review and maintain accuracy of financial activity as generated by automated transactions in the company’s ERP system. Assist with information reporting needed for managers to make educated decisions, assuring we meet corporate goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily review of key inventory activity posted in ERP system through automated journals including inventory costing and valuations
- Responsible for Vendor Insurance Certificate compliance
- Perform daily posting of cash transactions for all bank accounts and record entries in the general ledger.
- Reconcile all cleared checks for cash disbursement accounts daily and record journal entry.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts monthly.
- Manage activity for Blount Affiliated companies
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliation of key Balance Sheet and Expense accounts.
- Perform misc. accounting tasks such as Re-occurring entries, Accruals, reclassing entries, etc.
- Perform periodic internal audits on specific account activity to ensure compliance with Internal Controls.
- Assist with various accounting and analysis tasks as required.
- Assist with preparation of documents for yearly audit with outside accounting firm.
- Work with managers to create budget goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
- 5-7 years experience working in Accounting in a manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location