Field Service Relay Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Field Service Manager
TRAVEL: Daily local travel
LOCATION: Westborough, MA
Qualus is a leading provider of specialized engineering and technical field services. By combining Power Grid Engineering and CE Power Engineered Services, we have over 800 employees and more than 20 offices throughout the U.S. We offer competitive benefits as well as in-house career and professional skills development through QualU, while providing job opportunities in power systems engineering, field services, and turnkey project management.
Power your future with Qualus in our Field Services department as a Field Service Relay Technician or Field Engineer. If you have relay testing experience in medium and high voltage industries. Apply now and join the Qualus team!
* Installing, adjusting, and troubleshooting relays.
* Relay and Meter testing with secondary Injection Equipment
* Testing the following relays; over-current/voltage, Directional, Distance, Impedance, Sync Check, Loss of field, Reverse power, Multifunction relays etc.
* Communicating and managing different relay manufacturer Software packages.
* Reading associated schematics, internal, and external of the relay.
* Communicating with RTS software.
* Writing Functional Test reports.
* Remaining current on all safety and technical training.
* Providing technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems
* Adhering to all company, industry and client safety protocol and standards.
* Proficient in the use of construction equipment, test equipment and tools required for routine maintenance and installation of equipment assigned, such as man lifts, bucket trucks, transformer and breaker testing equipment and relay test equipment without direct supervision and direction.
* Demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of both AC and DC applications including the measurements of 3 phase power quantities and the normal control and protective schemes utilized in the industry.
* Proficient in the use of other test equipment for testing other Protective Relays devices such as CT's and PT's.
* Assisting engineering with relay programming.
* Assisting in writing New Test procedures.
* 3-5 years' related experience in power plants, industrial services, primary power distribution and related protection and control schemes.
* Minimum 2 years of industrial or commercial power systems experience.
* Licensures and Certifications: SEL, AVO or OEM Certified. NETA 2, 3, or 4 preferred.
* Education: High School Diploma.
* Reference and complete assignments as described in applicable specifications
* Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors
* Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Valid Driver's license and good driving record
- Commercial Awareness
- Electric Power Distribution
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Substation
- Energy Production