Epsilon is seeking a Director of Analytics to join our Analytics Consulting Group. The Director provides a clear, strategic analytic vision that enables effective decision making towards the achievement of our clients’ business goals.
Our ideal candidate takes a strategic analytic approach, is solution oriented and has both breadth and depth of coverage across most digital channels. This candidate is experienced in data driven, customer-level marketing analysis to support insights, activation, and measurement. The Director candidate has excellent communication skills and can lead a talented team of analytic associates in the execution and delivery of our products and services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the client’s business situation and develop data driven analytic solutions and insights to drive marketing strategies
- Support the sales process by assessing prospective clients’ needs and crafting and presenting proposals that meet those needs
- Develop rapport and relationship of trust with key client personnel ranging from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Explore and capitalize on opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell existing clients
- Provide leadership for overall management of analytic projects: including profitability, timeliness, quality, and client value
- Align analytic activities to the overall business strategy when driving the direction of the team, projects, and processes.
- Demonstrates an ability to think outside the box and take initiative upon themselves to solve problems as they arise
- Manage the multiple resources and projects concurrently towards successful completion
- Ability to tell a concise and impactful narrative of your findings. Display data visually, creating compelling presentations which demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables to client staff
- Serve as an expert on analytics including:
- Digital analytics spanning web, mobile, email, social, and media
- Descriptive analytics as well as advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Ability to organize and mine large sets of first- and third-party data to drive insights, activation, measurement, and attribution
- Provide developmental and managerial leadership to the Analytic Consulting Group
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience conducting data analytics and being a key point of contact for one or more concurrent client relationships.
- 5+ years proven managerial or supervisory experience with excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven experience influencing a business or marketing strategy through the application and/or management of advanced statistical techniques and data driven solutions
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and resources concurrently
- Great at developing relationships across diverse teams (including statistical, technical, and marketing resources)
- Ability to display data visually, creating powerful presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and marketing analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative
- Hands-on experience with the following analytic methodologies, tools, and ecosystems:
- Statistical modeling, data mining, and advanced segmentation using large marketing databases (e.g., Oracle, Netezza, Hadoop etc.)
- Experience with CDPs (Customer Demand Platforms) and data driven marketing approaches
- Core analytical tools such as SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Advanced level user of Microsoft tools: Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- Media insights, activation, and measurement experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Databricks and other big data analytic platform technologies
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
• Culture: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Analytics (Remote)
• DE&I: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Analytics (Remote)
• CSR: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Analytics (Remote)
• Life at Epsilon: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Analytics (Remote)
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Consumer Behaviour