To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Intern- Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) - United States
CH2M & Jacobs • St. Louis, MO
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The incumbent is part of a highly professional team that provides Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) detailing expertise on numerous structural and bridge design projects.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Receives instruction from senior technical staff to prepare engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring a working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own work
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings
- Performs other duties as required.
- Going into the fall semester, must be enrolled in an associates degree program is a requirement
- 1-2 semesters (or equal) of relevant design/drafting coursework/experience is a requirement
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and a willingness to learn other CADD software such as Microstation.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
- Willingness to develop excellent attention to detailing of structural or bridge components
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>