Thread Roll Set Up Operator
Come Build The World With Us!
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Where You Will Work
Consolidated Aerospace Manufacturing (CAM) is the primary division of Stanley Black & Decker Aerospace. We are a leading innovator and strategic partner in the manufacturing of fasteners, fittings, and engineered products for the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets. CAM is currently comprised of nine subsidiaries across the United States split among three segments.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will have the ability to set-up and operate two thread roll machines. While operating the machines the operator will follow the quality and production requirements of 3V Fasteners.
This person will have the ability to set-up and operate two thread roll machines. While operating the machines the operator will follow the quality and production requirements of 3V Fasteners.
- Practices and trains operators to work safely.
- Demonstrates the ability to set up, operate and troubleshoot thread roll machines
- Practices and trains operators to produce quality products utilizing Manufacturing drawings, process control documents, training materials, and departmental work instructions.
- Practices and trains operators to efficiently and effectively maximize the output of the production equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to respectively and effectively communicate with operators, supervision and support teams.
- Demonstrates the safe use of all shop support equipment necessary to prepare or modify tooling to produce products meeting the customer expectations.
- Practices and trains operators to utilize all internal forms of measuring devices, such as micrometers, calipers, gages, etc.
- Evaluates and communicates machine conditions and/or concerns to both maintenance and supervision.
- Practices and trains operators to keep machines in best operating conditions, including replacing worn fasteners, machine parts or tooling.
- Works with minimal supervision to independently perform the job of Set-up Thread Roll Operator
- Sets and operates thread roll machines, as required by demand or direction of supervision
- Efficiently produces quality products that meet all expectations.
- Maintains the entire workplace in a safe, clean operating condition on a daily basis.
- Communicates all pertinent and/or necessary information to fellow employees.
- Gathers materials for production such as: part drawings, tool drawings, production schedules, production requirements, production reports, etc.
- Reports set-up and production in the K-Lite production tracking system
- Detects and reports faulty machine and/or equipment conditions, material anomalies, part / tool drawing discrepancies or other unusual shop floor activities.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs. from floor level to waist, and waist to floor on a repeated basis
- Must be able to stand for the entire shift
- Must be able to work in an un air-conditioned, shop environment
- Able to bend, twist, and squat in sometimes awkward positions for prolonged periods of time while exerting force (pushing or pulling) on hand tools used to adjust machine.
- Visual acuity for detailed work.
- Manual dexterity.
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good communication
- Blueprint reading
- Inspection Tools (Micrometer, Caliper, Drop gages, etc.)
- 5 years of related experience
- Preferred experience with Waterbury, Reed, Hartford, Automatic, Handfeed
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
- Fine Motor Skills
- Industrial Production
- Problem Solving