Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are seeking a Senior Underwriter for our Financial Lines / Private Non-Profit Insurance Products for private equity-backed accounts for the Chicago branch office. The PNP Underwriter will be accountable for the growth and profitability of management liability business within the Midwest territory. This position is salary grade flexible based on the successful candidate's experience.
See below for additional details on responsibilities.
Personal Book of Business:
- Financial performance, including profit, rate, retention, and growth, of a personal book of business consisting of D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, Employed Lawyers, Crime, K&R/Extortion, and Workplace Violence lines of business.
- Successful market penetration and agency management including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Developing personal agency strategy and goals with continual monitoring of progress
- Identifying cross sell opportunities within commercial products and services on personal book of business
- Soliciting, selecting and analyzing risk within PNP guidelines and ensuring proper documentation
- Developing and negotiating price, coverage, and terms and conditions for all new business and renewals and actively identifying account rounding opportunities
- Meeting with producers and renewal customers to make sales presentations including product education and new product roll out
- Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing and home office product management
- Consistently meeting service standards
- Collecting and sharing industry intelligence with team, including industry trending and development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Financial Lines/Management Liability insurance products
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales, marketing and negotiation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners
- Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment while executing all Corporate Strategies
- Sound, balanced, and timely decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Private Non-Profit Management Liability Underwriting
- Private equity-backed business experience preferred, but not required
- Senior Underwriter
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard` to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliationagainst any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Claim Processing
- Customer Relationship Management