Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Under supervision, the Airport Firefighter performs work in controlling and extinguishing fires; rescuing persons endangered by aircraft crash or fire, or by structural fire; preventing fire by reducing or eliminating potential fire hazards; responding to and providing assistance for medical aid calls, vehicle accidents, and hazmat incidents.
Provide Aircraft Rescue firefighting (ARFF), Emergency Medical (EMS), Hazmat services to Grant County International Airport and its surrounding areas.
- Respond to any ARFF, EMS, or Hazmat incident on or near the airport
- Conduct runway/safety checks of the airfield at random intervals
- Conduct extinguisher checks
- Check and maintain all emergency vehicles and all rescue tools
- Test and inspect fire hose and hydrants
- Maintain the cleanliness of the fire station and its grounds
- Conduct standbys for tenants and charters
- Conduct fuel farm and fuel hauler inspections
- Conduct tower and other building inspections
- Conduct wildlife dispersal on the airfield
- Inspect and maintain SCBAs
- Provide security protection to the airport by way of random patrols and gate/fence inspections
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of Airport property at various times
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The qualified candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, clean driving record, valid Driver's License, and clean criminal history. Candidates with Hazmat, Firefighter, ARFF, or EMS certifications will be considered before all others
- One (1) year or more experience working at an airport fire department, or three (3) years' experience working in the fire service as a full-time firefighter
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Background investigation and pre-employment drug screening is conducted.
- Must have NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1001 Firefighter II (State or IFSAC)
- Must be certified to the NFPA 472, Hazardous Materials-Operations-Level (State or IFSAC)
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1003 Airport Firefighter (State or IFSAC) or completion of an FAA 40-hour approved course with current annual burn
- Must be certified as Emergency Medical Responder or higher (State or National Registry)
- Must be certified or able to complete an NFPA 1670, Confined Space-Operations-Level (State or IFSAC) within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to handle office related material such as, computer equipment, printout paper, notebooks, ledgers, badge printer
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Must be flexible/adaptable to constantly changing environment
- Basic level keyboard and computer skills
- Ability to follow a chain of command
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations and capable of staying alert during period of inactivity
- Certified as EMT (State or National Registry)
- Proficiency in driving ARFF Apparatus and/or Certified as NFPA 1002, Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator ARFF
- May be required to lift and carry heavy weight
- Must be able to perform all tasks of a Firefighter/EMS professional
- Must be able to perform tasks while wearing a SCBA and full firefighting PPE
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.