$60000.00 to $70000.00 yearly
There is a terrific full-time position available for an experienced Staff Accountant at Robert Half Finance. As a Staff Accountant, you will be in charge of preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, various aspects of internal reporting will be under your responsibility. You will put your skills towards the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will review schedules for the reporting processes, take part in compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position is very complex as it plays a part in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This La Mirada, California area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
What you get to do every single day
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Survey and organize various financial data, reporting it in a useful and understandable manner
- Impromptu reporting and special projects, when requested
- Conduct month end close and compose journal entries with minimal supervision
Please e-mail your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
to be confidentially considered for this opportunity!
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Qualifications Bachelors Degree experience preferred
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation experience highly desired
- Intercompany experience preferred
- Deep understanding of QuickBooks
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Adeptness in Cash Flow Forecasts
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- experienced organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.