City Experiences is seeking a Summer College Program Bartender starting in Mayfor our operation in Washington, DC.About You:
The right person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody the RESPECT Service System.
There are many benefits of working with us including:
About the Opportunity:
- Firsthand exposure to the hospitality, travel, and tourism industry while working in one of our many welcoming departments
- Engaging learning experiences to develop your professional identity
- Access to network with industry leaders with decades of knowledge and experiences
- Opportunities to experience our company’s exciting and fun products including sightseeing and dinner cruises
- Competitive Compensation
This successful program participant should be eager to learn about business operations and be hospitable and cordial to vendors, guests, and their co-workers. They must act safely and responsibly. Must have a passion for serving guests and creating unforgettable events and experiences, as well as have a high attention to detail.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers.
- Accurately follow recipes for all beverages; must have a thorough knowledge of all beverage offerings and prices.
- Provide prompt and consistent bar service to guests and servers throughout the cruise.
- Set up and break down bar – stock and restock bar according to prescribed par specifications, clean bar thoroughly in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the bar and all common areas and service stations, clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bar tops, refrigerators, and all other equipment and work areas.
- Accurately charge guests for onboard purchases; enter orders into the point of sales system, collect payment, and return all change.
- Provide information to guests, including menu descriptions, order of service, entertainment options, cruise route, and points of interest.
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards.
- Summer College Program Additional Information:
- All program participants are expected to provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our company culture, RESPECT.
- In this unique program, you will have the option to participate in as many educational opportunities as you would like based on your interests
- Opportunities include:
- Shadowing various departments within the local office -sales, marketing, ticketing, accounting, HR, etc to learn all aspects of the operation.
- Attend educational sessions and webinars with Senior and Corporate Leadership
- Skill development sessions on topics such as communication and time management
- Attend forecasting reviews, detail meetings, sales meetings, etc., based on the level of interest in various departments.
- Participation in professional development workshops
- Networking with our experienced crew and learning about their career journey with City Experiences
- Additional duties assigned.
- Internship timeframe May – August
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be pursuing an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.
- Available to work during the summer season
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential.
- Must be able to convey written and verbal information effectively to guests and coworkers.
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others.
- Basic computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Will work for extended periods without sitting.
- Required to lift furniture and other heavy items such as dishes up and downstairs.
- Will be required to be available for work on weekends and holidays.
- A self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Process and quality-oriented with sharp attention to detail.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.The RESPECT Service System
embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
The Companyis proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply.The Companyparticipates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
- Attention To Detail
- Microsoft Office