About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
The Information and Cyber Security (ICS) team is embarking on a multi-year initiative to improve Wells Fargo's resiliency to the tactics, and techniques used by today's most advanced adversaries. ICS is looking to bring together a multi-functional, agile team to partner across disciplines in order to create a more secure future for the company and its customers. Join a team of dedicated cybersecurity professionals working to implement cutting edge threat detection and prevention tools and techniques.
The Cyber Security Innovation (CSI) team is looking for a UX/UI designer as part of a software engineering team. The CSI team is chartered with building new and innovative solutions for emerging Cyber Security problems where existing controls don't yet exist or are not mature enough to meet the organizations requirements. The selected candidate will be a UX/UI Designer directly supporting Software Engineers with building wireframes which meet our internal stakeholders end user needs.
The Software Engineer- UX/UI Designer partners with Product Management and Engineering, to deliver a great customer experience. The software Engineer- UX/UI Designer also works with other the Senior Software Engineer- UX/UI Designer and peers to ensure a coherent end-to-end user experience as part of an established design system. Success comes from understanding the end user and business needs, strong collaboration with your peers, thoughtful planning and coordination across scrum teams, taming complexity for our users, and overseeing shipping delightful and empowering product experiences, which result in tools which increase the security of the bank.Who you are:
• You're a multifaceted practitioner with proven success delivering great experiences as part of large web application supporting working internal teams.
• You have experience in Interaction Design and Visual Design, and strengths in adjacent areas such as Information Architecture, Content Strategy, User Research, and Wireframing.
• You tame complex problems and emerge with elegant solutions and excel at being the design point-person across a set of cross-functional teams.
• You are detail-oriented but also keep the big picture in mind. You develop a strong point-of-view and articulate robust design rationales.
• You're comfortable working across a few connected work teams and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of developers, security SMEs (end users), and designers to create the best workflows to solve cyber security challenges.Responsibilities Include:
• Facilitating the delivery of great experiences, in partnership with your cross-functional peers and the larger design team, in the areas of Cyber Security which includes 3rd party risk, Cyber Security Analytics, Network Discovery, and other emerging Cyber Security threats.
• Creation of, common design deliverables in accordance with a design system, including: Research Insights, Flows, Wireframes, and Design Specifications.
• Reviewing work on an ongoing basis with the UX/UI Design Lead to drive consistency and ensure common patterns are being used across applications.
• Partnering closely with product managers, scrum masters, developers, researchers, security analysts to help define features and functionality.
• Interviewing users and gathering feedback, gaining insights and validating direction on design and functionality.
• Supporting the grooming of user stories with the scrum teams and identifying design-related user stories in the backlog.
• Working comfortably and confidently across research, analysis, design and development support simultaneously In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of UI (User Interface) experience
- 3 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 3+ years of user research experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 4+ years experience in producing wire frames in support of web applications for development teams
- 2 years with applications/tools in the Cyber Security/Risk domain
- Familiarity with working within an established design system
- Familiarity with working within a defined UX process
We Value Diversity
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Computer Security