Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Digital Product Designer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA location. Relocation assistance will be offered if needed.
We are a power management company made up of over 99,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably.
Today, the world runs on critical infrastructure and technology. Planes. Hospitals. Factories. Data centers. Vehicles. The electrical grid. These are things people depend on every day. And the companies behind them depend on us to help solve some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet. At Eaton, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Eaton is connecting many of the products they offer, as well as creating new digital products and services. There is an amazing opportunity to have a global-scale impact through work at the Human-Centered Design (HCD) Center of Excellence located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS), where this position is located, accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected experiences through the advancement of secure reusable platforms, processes, and services. In our Pittsburgh office you will find awesome developers, open source gurus, testers, digital user experience designers, cloud architects, industrial designers, visual designers, DevOps engineers, agile experts, front-end and mobile developers, big data architects, design thinkers, and more. We are central to Eaton’s digital transformation and every contribution we make has a significant impact on the future of the company. Through our efforts we have established world-class software development and design capabilities that are built on a never-ending passion for innovation. We are change agents, always striving to improve, and excited to work at Eaton. We believe that you will be too.
Eaton’s Human-Centered Design Team is looking for a Digital User Experience Designer to work on a diverse portfolio of projects across the Electrical and Industrial Sector. The ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from complex workflows. Experience with Design Thinking and the Internet of Things (IoT) is a plus.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Identify product opportunities through human-centered discovery and research methods, contribute to complex UX ecosystems, and inspire product teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible
- Translate research and business plans into product concepts that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate product development using personas, journey maps, research reports, sketches, wireframes and prototypes
- Execute across all project phases from early discovery and research through detailed visual design
- Plan and facilitate Design Thinking workshops across a diverse group of businesses and product lines
- Effectively advocate for users in a corporate climate, providing day-to-day design leadership
- Work closely with other human-centered designers, engineers, and business professionals to guide products from inception through delivery
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year working as a Human-Centered Designer, User Experience Designer, or Digital Product Designer
- Strong hand sketching and digital visual communication skills
- Must have an online portfolio of research and design that can be accessed via link on resume or application
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or related field from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of experience working as a working as a Human-Centered Designer, User Experience Designer, or Digital Product Designer, title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Experience and exposure to Design Thinking tools and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Must be able to work locally out of Eaton’s Pittsburgh post-pandemic
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally and domestically
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside the core UX team.
- Foster Eaton’s culture and principles, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Support co-workers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to grasp complex and diverse customer needs and distill them into clean, understandable solutions.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by la
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering
Persona (User Experience)
Agile Software Development