A Manufacturing Engineer job in Tacoma, WA, is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You must have three-plus years of experience in a similar role. You will develop improved processes to improve the quality and productivity of our production system while reducing waste. This role will require design work to enhance tooling to make production more efficient. Salary is market competitive and is dependent on experience. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Manufacturing Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Three to five years of substantial manufacturing engineering experience in a busy, complex production environment.
- Experience in cost initiatives with the ability to complete Return on Investment (ROI)
- Experience in developing and deploying “Poka Yoke” tools.
- Develop improved manufacturing methods/processes to improve our production system's quality and productivity and reduce waste.
- Organize line layouts for improved manufacturing capability, space utilization, and material flow. Work with production daily to identify equipment improvements, tooling, labor balancing, and workflow.
- Participate in daily Gemba walk. Lead Kaizen activities.
- Design and improve tooling to improve production capability and repeatability.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting projects; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting operators' observations.
- Develop and deploy standard work across all lines with appropriate audits to ensure consistent application of standard work
- Responsible for improving productivity and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) on our production operations.
- Implement and sustain scrap reduction initiatives in our manufacturing operations.
- Daily engagement with the production team to identify challenges and drive to the root cause.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial engineering.
- Proficiency in Lean tools and their application.
- Six Sigma methodology a plus to drive results from analyzing data and to pursue and achieve process capability and repeatability.
- Experience with SolidWorks and Autodesk
- Proven experience in evaluating and optimizing cycle times on production lines to maximize throughputs
- Must have the ability to lead capital projects, identification/evaluation, requests for capital, deployment/installation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present to middle management.
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. An excellent opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering, including:
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
- Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
If you are interested in the Manufacturing Engineering job in Tacoma, WA, please apply now. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture, visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built or success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Lean Manufacturing
- Material Flow