To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Decatur, AL
- Nucor Corporation
- Phone: (704) 972-1821
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nucor Corporation • Decatur, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Division: Nucor Steel Decatur LLC
Location: Decatur, AL, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
The role of Process Engineer will be to work with the team on Safety, Quality, Production and Cost improvements throughout the cold mill and galvanization line primarily.
- Metallurgical product disposition and parts approval
- Root cause analysis of internal downgrades and claims through materials characterization and processing review
- Statistical data analysis for process optimization to improve product quality and performance
- Review MSA studies, Control documents, FMEA, Work instructions
- Lab equipment (OEM spectrometer, Rockwell etc.), X-ray Coating wt. gauge calibration and troubleshoot
- Assist/ Organizing product and process trials on as need basis
- Must have a four year technical degree (Metallurgical, Materials Science, Mechanical, Industrial Manufacturing etc.)
Experience in twin lap welding, materials characterization, SQL, Excel Macro, and Machine Learning/ Strong statistical analysis background.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Nucor Corporation is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.