Our Client’s Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the Company’s corporate and home office accounting activities, including centralized cash management, corporate business unit support, corporate/home office allocations and other key processes. He/she is responsible for ensuring all entries, reconciliations and other activities conducted within his/her team are in compliance with GAAP, applicable Company policies and procedures and the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the month-end close process, including leading month-end corporate P&L review meetings.
- Ensuring all accounting entries are timely, accurate, properly supported and in compliance with GAAP.
- Managing the preparation/review of financial statement variance analysis for month-end and quarter-end management reporting.
- Ensuring corporate and home office balance sheet accounts are reconciled, reviewed, and include appropriate supporting documentation.
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly forecasts for long-term incentive compensation, pension/other post-employment benefits and other areas as needed.
- Partnering with the HR/Benefits team to manage the annual employee benefit plan financial statement preparation and audit process.
- Providing support and guidance to shared services functions as needed and serving as an accounting liaison between corporate accounting, payroll and field accounting/field operations.
- Ensuring compliance with Corporate Office internal controls.
- Supporting internal/external audits, including ensuring timely and thorough responses to audit requests, acting as a liaison between the department and the audit teams and ensuring any deficiencies noted are corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintaining process flow documentation and ensuring appropriate back-up coverage is in place for critical work streams within the Corporate Accounting department.
- Leading a team of 2 accountants, including providing on-the-job coaching, and conducting mid-year and year-end performance reviews.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Accounting or related business field.
- CPA or CPA exam candidate preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an accounting role; prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and experience complying with SOX in a corporate environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate accounting and financial information in a concise and easy to understand manner.
- Independent problem solver with ability to proactively develop and successfully lead initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills that will enable him/her to attract, develop, and retain key employees.
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and a strong personal commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to effectively balance delegation of tasks to the Corporate Accounting team, while at the same time being a hands-on contributor.
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Analysis Of Variance
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US511KMS_BH1620641
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Financial Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Financial Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, provides a suite of world-class staffing and workforce solutions to the accounting and financial business communities. We focus exclusively on placing all levels of finance and accounting professionals -- from bookkeepers to controllers to internal auditors to senior accountants -- in disciplines including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Forensic Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Public Accounting
- SEC Reporting
- Trust Operations
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile