We make buildings better. We’re a team of facility analysts, planners, designers, engineers, builders, project managers, energy experts, and technologists focused on making buildings better. Here at SIQ, we’re all about driving efficiency, powered by intelligence. If you want to be a part of our meaningful work and make a difference where people learn, work, heal, and live, we hope you’ll dig in and learn more.
In your role as Software Product Manager, you will be designing and development software products that help our customers plan, build, and run their buildings better. You’ll work closely with our marketing, software development, and sales to launch new services and solutions that will give SitelogIQ a long-term advantage in the market. In this highly technical role, you will oversee ideation, product strategy, prioritization, planning, features, and functions for SitelogIQ software products. This position offers a hybrid work environment of WFH and in-office, base salary plus a bonus plan, along with a Flexible Time Off program.
- Bachelor's degree in software development, electrical engineering, computer science, or similar technical degree.
- 5 or more years of product management and / or product owner experience.
- Experience developing services and solutions for the building automation industry.
- Experience developing hardware and software systems in cloud computing and Software as a Service (SAAS).
- Experience in leveraging data and analytics to drive business performance.
- Strong analytical, creative, and innovation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of various product functions, software development processes, and all things product management.
- Agile methodology and familiar with Lean and Agile product development product concepts such as the MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
If you’re looking to become a Software Product Manager will need to have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or a similar technical field, such as mechanical engineering or information systems. In addition to formal education, those in this position need to be familiar with a variety of technologies related to software and hardware solutions. A Software Product Manager should also be comfortable delivering product presentations and answering any technical questions concerning a particular product. To be successful, this individual will need to have good interpersonal skills, as it is often required that you collaborate broadly across all SitelogIQ business units and functions to satisfy the needs of the customer, leadership, and ownership. Other responsibilities include products and services pricing along with playing a primary role in the launch activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the software development lifecycle.
- Partner with the Product Marketing and our subject matter experts to work on the discovery phase.
- Collaborate with key product stakeholders to develop a product vision for the new product or release.
- Analyze what is currently available in the building automation software landscape.
- Figure out the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors and use them to make a great product.
- Analyze trend reports, industry content, market statistics, sales data, user stories, mockups, and metrics to come up with a working strategy.
- Manage the development process and the team members to ensure a quick and efficient product launch.
- Develop a complete product requirements document and as well as templates for reference.
- Prioritize new features based on usability, functionality, and user experience.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to figure out a proper pricing model based on analysis of the customers’ next best solution alternative.
- Maintain a complete backlog of all the activities, processes, and workflows of all the relevant teams, stakeholders, and any external influencers and consultants.
Additionally, you will be responsible for providing technical support to the sales process by demonstrating the features and benefits of our services and solutions to our customers. You will support the sales staff in positioning various services and solutions in a positive manner and ultimately generating new business from prospective customers.
You will be part of a fast paced, exciting technology team and you will report to the Chief Technology Officer for SitelogIQ.
- Agile Methodology
- Building Automation
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analysis