To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC 28202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Insurance Specialist
Allstate Insurance Company • Charlotte, NC
Posted 1 month ago
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Business Insurance (ABI) is currently hiring a Business Insurance Specialist (BIS) to join our team in Charlotte, NC. The Business Insurance Specialist is a sales professional licensed to sell business insurance products in a specific region. The BIS will be responsible for working directly with business owners to identify Allstate and Commercial Expanded Market (CEM) insurance products that meet the insurance needs of the small business owner. The BIS is expected to provide a superior customer experience through effective telephone and written communication techniques that discover customer needs while building a customer relationship. The BIS must be proficient at delivering a sales proposal based upon the unique needs of the business owner and closing the insurance sale.
**Tentative Start Date: August 27th 2018
**The Business Insurance Specialist will have the potential to earn monthly sales incentives
**Salary begins in the upper $40k range
- Build solid relationships with agents to improve quality and quantity of lead submissions within the specific region responsible for.
- Communicate effectively with a business owner to understand the risks that face the business owner and how insurance products may assist them in managing those risks.
- Deliver an exceptional customer sales experience from the initial customer contact to the sale of the policy.
- Resolve complex business insurance sales inquires
- Attempt to cross-sell additional Allstate Business Insurance and CEM policies to increase sales and customer retention
- Proficiently leverage resources, such as but not limited to Connexus, Sage, RIO, CRM, the internet, and underwriting guidelines as needed to complete an accurate assessment of the business risk and provide an accurate business insurance quote.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific company products, underwriting guidelines and market direction in order to deliver confident and reliable service to existing and potential customers
- Listen and engage business owners to identify insurance needs and illustrate how commercial insurance products will meet those needs
- Serve as a key point of contact for non-certified agents in assigned market and provide assistance on a broad range of topics. This may involve re-directing agents to the appropriate resource or assisting them directly.
- Four year college degree or two to four years of experience as an inside sales professional is required
- Bilinguals (Spanish) are Encouraged to Apply
- Commercial Sales Experience Preferred
- P&C License Preferred
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven competence and fluency in the Care, Sell, Quote, Close sales process – with a passion and drive to protect customers
- Ability to conduct professional business meetings virtually with agents and provide direction on market direction and ABI’s value proposition
- Maintain an active property and casualty license for state(s) in which you live, work and service
- Must be able to meet production requirements without jeopardizing ethics or compliance
- High level of dependability and flexibility
- Required to operate several systems simultaneously while speaking with our customers
- Leverage selling techniques to successfully close sale and bind the business insurance policy.
- Proficiently leverage resources, such as but not limited to Connexus, PAL, Dynamics, Reference Connect, the internet, and underwriting guidelines as needed to complete an accurate assessment of the business risk and provide an accurate business insurance quote.
- Demonstrate a clear and direct ownership for the market assigned; will work collaboratively with other team members in order to achieve overall business unit objectives.
- Utilize technology to manage a sales workflow which provides for regular communication and follow up with the business owner and other stakeholders, the agent of record or an insurance broker for example.
- Answer inquiries that require an insurance license, including inquiries related to coverage, coverage limits, deductibles and various insurance policy options
- Update customer policy records accurately
- Achieve defined business results related to commercial insurance sales and service objectives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.