To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kankakee, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CERTIFIED OT ASSISTANT
Riverside Medical Center • Kankakee, IL
Posted 13 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Rehab Services Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) provides occupational therapy treatment services under the direction and supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist (OT). COTAs shall make sound decisions in collaboration with the OT and within the boundaries established by laws and regulations governing occupational therapy practice. Treatment by the COTA is delivered after the patient has been evaluated by a licensed OT and after the OT has established treatment goals and a treatment plan. The COTA is responsible for carrying out the treatment plan and providing patient and family education as appropriate as well as performing evaluations within the scope of practice as it relates to activities of daily living and function. The COTA will regularly communicate with the Occupational Therapist on the progress of the patient and any changes in patient status. The COTA will use evidence-based practice when recommending and executing treatments and will supervise the education of OTA students when appropriate.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college or university with a minimum of an Associate's degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant curriculum.
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current active or temporary Illinois Licensure or ATT letter (authorization to test) issued by Continental Testing or the State of Illinois in the instance of a recent graduate.
Work Schedule: Days
FTE: 0.001 (TR/PRN)
Location: Riverside Medical Center
- Actively participates in designated marketing program (inpatient or outpatient).
- Assesses the need for changes in a patient's program/goals & makes appropriate recommendations to the occupational therapist.
- Assist the staff occupational therapist with evaluative progress procedures.
- Carries out treatment programs developed by the staff occupational therapist, and regularly communicates with the occupational therapist.
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with patients, physicians, referral sources, family and other staff members including documentation in the chart of essential conversations with providers.
- Demonstrates ongoing efforts to enhance clinical skills. Attends educational events and shares knowledge with others.
- Functions as a responsible team member to ensure appropriate scheduling of patients and distribution of work load.
- Instructs the patient/family in the use of adaptive equipment and techniques and provides education for patient/family as appropriate.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation that meets all compliance standards and contains personalized patient education information.
- Meets the following productivity percentage on Acute, Outpatient, and Rehab: less than or equal to 79.99 (NI), 80-81.99 (ME), 82-83.99 (M&SE), greater than 84 (CE).
- Organizes scheduling & overall daily routines within the department.
- Participates in community and departmental activities that promote of rehabilitation and wellness.
- Participates in departmental continuing education programs and the departmental quality improvement program and ensures self and team compliance with dashboards and quality indicators.
- Participates in Quality Improvement efforts, e.g., Journal Club, inservices, Magnet, chart auditing, etc..Supervises COTA student affiliates.
- Supervises maintenance of OT inventory & reports results to senior or staff occupational therapist
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.