We have been exclusively retained by a family office whose primary focus is real estate and operating businesses. The firm's current real estate investment strategy centers around developing and investing in commercial income properties, multi-family, student housing and luxury homes. The company is well capitalized and currently experiencing tremendous growth!
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for maintaining the general ledger for multiple companies, managing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and tax reporting process, including budgeting, cash forecasts, and assist in business strategy modeling.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of monthly financial results on a timely basis.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Understand and record complex Real Estate transactions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate accounting processes and internal controls.
- Contribute to the development of accounting procedures and strategies to improve efficiency by exploring new tools and software.
- Design and implement managerial reports and analysis.
- Interface with outside tax consultants.
- Assist in maintaining forecasted consolidated cash flow and business strategy model.
- Evaluate and explain budget variances.
- Oversee accounts payable, bank reconciliations, and contract administration.
CONSTRUCTION AND ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Prepare Construction Project Cost Control & Reporting Package.
- Review monthly construction pay applications (702/703) and supporting documents.
- Prepare and maintain construction loan draws and communicate with Lender representatives.
- Analyze and record acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist in evaluating 1031 tax deferred exchanges.
- Review and analyze monthly third-party property management reports.
For careful consideration, forward a recent resume to Matthew Cruz, Executive Recruiter at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Assistant Controller.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Family Office environment experience preferred.
- Real estate investment, development & construction and management experience.
- Comfortable interfacing with executives and outside tax consultants.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliations
- General Ledger
- Tax Consulting
- Real Estates