• High school graduate or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting and has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
• Current state certification as a nurse assistant, nurse aide, certified home health aide or proof of registry as required by state, if applicable*.
• Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency. Additionally, upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
• Current CPR certification
• Transportation access to and from work assignments. In instances where employee performs tasks that require the use of their automobile, evidence of current driver’s license and required liability insurance.
*California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming
• Current state certification as a nurse assistant preferred unless required by the state in which the employee is assigned to work
• Previous home health or hospice experience