To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livingston, NJ 07039
- Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey
- Phone: 973-763-9900
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey • Livingston, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Residential Coordinator
Oversees and provides support to multiple accessible community-based housing projects, including group homes and supported apartments, designed to serve persons with developmental and other disabilities in New Jersey. Every staff person employed in a program funded by the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities must cooperate with CPNJ, the Office of Licensing and the Division of Developmental Disabilities in any inspection or investigation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing operation of group homes and Olmstead shared living environments with attention to operational, financial, medical and other household and consumer needs and documentation of actions taken; will participate in and monitor site visits, intake evaluations, initial and annual Individual Service Plan meetings. Along with the Director of Residential Services and Residential Manager determines appropriateness of potential residents for DDD funded projects operated by CPNJ.
- Providing on-site quality assurance and support to residential management, staff, and consumers. Quality assurance will include but will not be limited to: observation of medication administration to ensure proper procedure is followed, staff interaction with and assistance to consumers in all areas, observation of staff working on service plan objectives with consumers, and accuracy and completeness of all records. A predominant amount of time will be spent on-site at the residences in this capacity. Time will also be spent with the social service coordinator at Essex properties to ensure quality of service provided to the tenants that reside within this apartment complex.
- Acting as a leader in development of establishing individuals needs toward transition processes and service provision to accepted individuals; creates and oversees all aspects of non-traditional day and housing supports of individuals in shared living environments and supervision of the all employees within this housing model.
- Hiring and supervising residential managers and Essex properties social services coordinator; administers and interprets program and personnel policies; evaluates program staff, assigns and monitors staff duties; receives and approves all leave requests and time and attendance records.
- Overseeing property management and supportive services for all HUD projects.
- Coordinating with Director of Facilities when needed to ensure that facilities are constructed, renovated, repaired, and maintained in accordance with funding guidelines and facilitate information exchange between funding/licensing sources.
- Ensuring quality by conducting program self-assessments, overseeing outcomes management system, participating in internal audits, producing surveys and developing action plans.
- Implementing and monitoring routine inspections in accord with HUD or DDD regulations; oversees and participates in HUD and DDD annual inspections and audits; cooperates in internal audits.
- Providing technical support to staff; develops training programs for staff in conjunction with Director of Training.
- Assisting with handling/resolving complaints and problems; participates in formal and informal mediation of disputes.
- Serving as a manager of CPNJ; attends regular management, policy and supervisory meetings; participates in various agency management assignments; attends management training sessions.
- Attending staff meetings at the residences and assists managers with facilitation of staff meetings as needed.
- Serving in an on-call capacity after regular hours.
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- BA or BS degree
- Degree in social service, rehabilitation, business or a related field (preferred)
- At least 3 years' experience working in a social service, rehabilitation, educational or government agency which relates to persons with disabilities including experience planning, budgeting, organizing and managing projects
- At least 3 years' experience in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Valid driver's license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- Successful employment in the support of adults with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of various types of developmental disabilities
- Ability to successfully complete CPNJ trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening