Goodwill is one of the leading non-profit brands in the world and one of the largest non-profits in Southern California. We are a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused on our Mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
The Retail Trainee position is part of GSC's Supported Employment Group Program (SEP). Retail Trainees are part of a group enclave of 3-4 Retail Trainees who work with the Retail Management Team and a Job Coach to train in all aspects of the retail location. SEP’s goal is to support Retail Trainees in developing and expanding skill sets necessary to prepare each Retail Trainee for successful transition from the group setting to Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE) in their community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer service - engage with customers and donors, maintaining a friendly and cooperative attitude.
- Follow all safety rules and exercise caution in all work related activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all social distancing and personal protective equipment policies and procedures.
- Assist in donation room directing donors and receiving donations.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company standards.
- Hang and attach tags onto clothing and other donated goods.
- Merchandise and maintain the sales floor to meet standards and guidelines.
- Colorize and size apparel.
- Sales floor recovery.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned and as determined by the Retail Trainee’s individual program goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- No prior experience or training.
- Actively enrolled in GSC’s Supported Employment Program
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- New Hire Orientation
- Harassment Prevention (non-management)
Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work environment for our employees. All individuals are expected to support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion, recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and accountability.
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community, business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to better the lives of those we serve.
The above description is not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- Drug Screen, if required for position.
- Background Check, if required for position.
- COVID 19 Vaccination Verification
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 10294 Retail Trainee (PT)
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Job Family :Retail
- Pay Type :Hourly
- Hiring Rate :$16.04
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service