Ultimate Staffing Timonium is looking for a Medical Front Office Coordinator and Medical Assistants for a highly reputable Medical Facility!
This individual should professionally greet and welcome patients. Register and schedule appointments for patients in an efficient and timely manner. Answer, screen, and direct all incoming calls to appropriate personnel relaying messages between patients and clinical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Checks in patients and informs clinical staff of patient arrival.
- Provides and explains paperwork for the patient to complete prior to examination.
- Collects, proofs for completeness, and files patient forms. Updates demographics and insurance information in the system. Collects co-pays and balances; provides receipt.
- Answers, screens, and responds to routine questions, routes to appropriate personnel, or take thorough messages.
- Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner according to procedures.
- Checks patients out after examination. Schedules returning appointments in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. Provides patients with appointment details such as time, location, directions, instruction sheets, and other details.
- Records patient cancellations and missed appointments; reschedules appointments. Notifies appropriate staff of the cancellation and makes note in patient chart.
- Provides general administrative support by filing charts and forms.
- Maintains lobby area in a neat and orderly manner. Maintains a legible supply of forms and appropriate office supplies required for daily activities.
- Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regards to patient*s records.
- Other duties as requested or assigned. May type memos and forms.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some receptionist or office experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft (Outlook, Office Word, and Excel) required.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Handles day to day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities; demonstrates flexibility.
- Shows Work Commitment: Sets high standards of performance and works efficiently to achieve them.
Commits to Quality: Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.