To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Conklin, NY 13748
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Technician (Conklin, New York, US)
Ardagh Group • Conklin, NY
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Under the direction of the Production/Engineering Supervisor, and/or general supervision is responsible for safe and efficient manufacturing and maintaining department equipment in a manner that provides for a sound quality product.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures, supporting the positive release program and promoting quality within the department.
- Comply with safety policies and practices and participate in the plant Safety Program.
- Participates, collaborates and complies with all company maintenance programs and practices.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Provide accurate reporting of safety, production, efficiency, quality and potential problem areas to operate the department in an efficient and productive manner.
- Oversee all critical points of the process to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and all team members and equipment through daily maintenance, 5S, and housekeeping activities.
- Work with team members to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Troubleshoot and analyze equipment problems.
- Make all necessary adjustments/repairs to equipment to maintain all safety, quality and productivity goals.
- Perform various jobs of responsibility on a rotational basis.
- Assist with new equipment installation, equipment overhauls and other projects as required.
- Support LSS (Lean Six Sigma) teams that will drive out waste and reduce operation costs.
- Shall understand the Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP Principle
- and Food Safety Standard.
- Assist in trial runs, defective product isolating/sorting and machine breakdowns.
- Forklift operations as required.
- Relief of personnel for breaks.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to teach, train and facilitate job tasks
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance – performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to read a blue print or interpret sketches.
- Able to use small hand tools and measuring devices.
- Intermediate math skills with the ability to divide in all units of measurement, compute rate, ratio and percent
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing practices
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others with a positive “can do” attitude and maintain a safe, cohesive work environment
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years of mechanical / electrical experience
- Three years of experience in high volume manufacturing
- Professional certificate/license in industrial or mechanical skills
- Work experience in metal manufacturing
- Forklift certification
Site Specific Qualifications:
- Ability to work all shifts including rotating 8 or 12-hour shifts, daylight and off-shifts as well as weekends, holidays and overtime
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands to finger, handle, feel, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds with occasionally lifting or moving up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision as well as color recognition.
Average hours per week: 40 or 36/48 alternating
Usual Shift worked is: 8 or 12 hours
Time during the normal work day, the team member may be required to:
Bend (90-180 degrees) 5%
Reach above shoulders 6%
Work at heights 1%
Occasionally 1-33%, Frequently 34-66%, and Continuously 67-100% of the time.
This position requires ability to lift:
Up to 15 lbs......... Frequently
16-30 lbs.............. Frequently
31-50 lbs.............. Frequently
51-75 lbs.............. Occasionally
76-100 lbs........... Seldom
Over 100 lbs........ Is not required
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud outside of the office area. Employees must wear hearing protection and all other assigned Personal Protective Equipment. Temperature can range from extreme cold (90 degrees). The atmosphere contains fumes, dust and odors.
Teamwork/Building Teamwork – Trust & Integrity – Excellence - Concern for Safety & Environment – Service Orientation – Results Orientation – Attention To Communication – Edge – Concern for Quality – Continuous Improvement – Development of People – Interpersonal Awareness
The information in this job description indicates only the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Minor changes in work assignment will not necessitate revision of this document.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.