The Licensed Physical Therapist renders evidence-based physical therapy services throughout the Riverside continuum by delivering culturally sensitive care while fully availing new technologies and basic research while providing direct patient/client care. Physical therapists at Riverside are responsible for maintaining the growth of the physical therapy profession and supporting autonomous practice. Physical therapists may supervise physical therapist assistants who are educated and licensed to provide physical therapist directed and supervised components of interventions; as well as supervise rehabilitation technicians when appropriate. Physical Therapists evaluate and treat inpatients, outpatients, and long term care patients under the referral or authorization of a physician and as outlined by all rules and regulations governing physical therapy practice in the State of Illinois.FTE 0.001 Job ID 2018-17426 # of Openings 1 Category Therapists & Other Clinical Professional Type PRN/TR (As Needed) Shift Days
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor or Master's degree in Physical Therapy or a Doctorate in Physical therapy (DPT) .
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current active or temporary Illinois Licensure to practice Physical Therapy or ATT letter (authorization to test) issued by Continental Testing or the State of Illinois in the instance of a recent graduate.
- Actively participates in designated marketing program (inpatient or outpatient).
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with patients, physicians, referral sources, families and other staff members.
- Including documentation in the chart essential conversations with providers.
- Demonstrates ongoing efforts to enhance clinical skills by combining education and clinical experiences in the growth and development of programs or services.
- Attends educational events and shares knowledge with colleagues.
- Develops and implements appropriate treatment interventions based on PT examinations and evaluates results of interventions while using EBP.
- Documentation matches charges upon chart auditing.
- Effectively supervises support staff (Physical Therapist Assistants, techs)
- Ensures self and team compliance with dashboard and quality indicators.
- Evaluates patients and assesses cardiopulmonary, neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and functional mobility status and integumentary systems for multiple patient populations.
- Functions as a responsible team member to ensure appropriate scheduling of patients and distribution of workload.
- Functions as Clinical instructor for PT students.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation that meets all compliance standards and contains personalized patient education and plan of care.
- Meets the following productivity percentage on Outpatient Rehab & Acute: less than or equal to 79.99 (NI), 80-81.99 (ME), 82-83.99 (M&SE), greater than 84 (CE).
- Participates in community activities and departmental activities that promote rehabilitation and wellness.
- Participates in Quality Improvement efforts, e.g., Journal Clubs, inservices, Magnet, chart auditing, etc.
- Provides appropriate education for patients, families and staff.
- Works independently under general supervision, takes ownership of workload and supports autonomous PT practice.
To apply please email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Long Term Care