To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
57 Blair Road
Millville, WV 25432
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. A member of LafargeHolcim • Millville, WV
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Primarily responsible for providing production oversight and support for Millville Quarry operations to include safety, environmental, compliance, and efficiency. Supervises the 3rd shift Rail Engineers, Brakeman, Laborers, and Maintenance/Welders.
- Performs job briefing each morning to include what is to be done by each employee and goals for the night, stressing safe working procedures in the process.
- Conducts tool box safety meetings at least once per week, before the work begins to discuss major safety initiatives, near misses, as well as to provide an overview of Company-wide information impacting the workforce.
- May operate equipment such as loaders, tie inserters and other railroad equipment.
- Ensures all employees on shift are properly task-trained.
- Completes written work orders for additional work requesting at the job site; ensures the work order is signed by the appropriate parties.
- Inspects the work areas to determine the type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Inspects and inventories all company supplies, tools and equipment.
- Makes recommendations for workforce planning, hiring, training, development, work allocation, conflict resolution, performance evaluations and separations.
- Supervises, coordinates and monitors plant activities to include the maintenance of equipment.
- Supports and assists personnel in achieving timely and efficient production schedules
- Investigates abnormal operating events, or equipment failures to determine the cause, and makes adjustments, repairs and/or modifications, as needed.
- Ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety regulations, and local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations in conjuction with the Human Resources and the Operations/General Manager.
- Analyses operational data and reconfigures operating areas as necessary to provide adequate, economical service
- Oversees the overall safety of all personnel working at, or visiting the site.
- Ensures proper documentation of operations activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Maintains an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers service
- Acts as a go-to resource for troubleshooting plant malfunctions, SAP and other special needs.
- Continuously conducts research on industry best practices, and utilizes findings to identify more cost effective, efficient operating procedures.
- Acts as Project Manager on key product line initiatives around safety, environmental, compliance, efficiency and growth and innovation projects.
- May act as a liaison between employees and support functions such as HR, Payroll, Benefits.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Works closely with other shift supervisors, quarry managers, etc.
- Interfaces regularly with third-party vendors
- Provides training and guidance to other employees within the product line.
- Receives extensive training on operating systems at all plants to ensure ability to provide adequate coverage when supervisors are out due to illness, vacation or training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, but comparable experience may be substituted for a degree.
Required Work Experience:
- 3-5years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to obtain results through others. Strong facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Travel Requirements: Local travel throughout Maryland and West Virginia
Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint. SAP experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of quarry operations
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to maintain composure and a high level of professionalism when under pressure
- Strong time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
- Sound knowledge of OH&S and environmental policies and procedures.
- Mechanical knowledge