CHI St. Luke's Health-Brazosport Hospital is located on a beautiful, 25-acre campus in Lake Jackson, Texas. Offering state-of-the-art diagnostic and comprehensive treatment services, our hospital is home to a 154-bed patient tower, level III trauma center, advanced cardiac care center, and full-service, multidisciplinary cancer center. CHI St. Luke's Health-Brazosport Hospital is dedicated to providing quality care with compassion for the communities we serve.
This position is a PRN position at our Oncology Clinic located on campus. Mon-Fri
As an Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) at our Cancer Center you will plan and provide professional nursing care to the patient undergoing chemotherapy. He/She coordinates care with other disciplines, consults with the family or significant others and collaborates with the oncologist and attending physician on the patient's behalf. The RN assesses, implements and evaluates nursing care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections, infusions, and blood draws for patients
- Supports physicians in outpatient setting during their clinic time
- Orders chemotherapy drugs
- Completes all charge sheets and patient care plans
- Adheres to standards of care for chemotherapy and utilizes the nursing process
- Demonstrates nursing knowledge and judgment concerning patient care delivery
- Demonstrates ability to establish priorities and organize effectively
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical practice are
Education and Training: Graduation from an accredited/approved school of nursing, BSN preferred
Experience: Clinical Oncology experience preferred
License and Certification: Current Texas nursing license. BLS required. Oncology certification (OCN) required
Skills: Cancer Center, Medical Oncology, Registered Nurse, RN, patient care
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.