Home Instead Senior Care (HISC) is one of the largest franchises in the home care arena with approximately 900 offices in the US and Canada and offices in an additional 9 countries. The mission of HISC is “Enhancing the lives of aging adults and their families.” And the vision is, “Changing the face of aging – empowering a personalized, positive aging experience for every generation.”
The Home Instead Senior Care offices in Bergen and Essex Counties is looking for a Dementia Program Manager to train and education our exceptional CAREGiver’s staff to the Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias. This position is responsible for organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization. Candidates will need to have prior experience in both program management as well as success in working in a team environment.
Dementia Program Manager responsibilities:
- Reflect the core values of Home Instead Senior Care
- Interview, select and process all applicants from our existing pool of CGs and new applicants.
- Create, manage and communicate training calendar to program participants
- Conduct training classes, as well as mentor trainees to assure overall success of the program.
- Manager and maintain all administrative aspects relating to the training course
- Masters’ degree in a healthcare related field, such as, nursing, social work or education
- Or Bachelors’ degree with 5 years’ experience working in a dementia related profession
- Possess a strong understanding of dementia and ability to communicate with others.
- Experience teaching and organizing a dementia training course.
- Position will be an average of 20 hours/week
- A maximum of 1000 hours/year
- Pay rate of $75/hour
- 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.