The CEO of Yoakum Community Hospital (YCH), Yoakum, TX, provides leadership, strategic guidance and management direction to all aspects of the hospital's operations while ensuring compliance with the hospital's mission, vision, values, goals, strategic direction, and applicable laws and regulations. The CEO reports to the Vice President Hospital Operations, Community Hospital Corporation and assigned Hospital Board of Directors.
The CEO is accountable for safe and quality patient care, developing and managing to a financially sound annual operating budget and long-term capital expenditure plan, hiring and retaining qualified and productive staff, managing risk, leading performance improvement, and maintaining effective relationships with Boards, medical staff, patients, employees, the community and the corporate office.
- Establishes and communicates a clear and compelling vision. All stakeholders should know the hospital’s mission, vision, and priorities
- Works with Board, senior management team, physicians and staff to develop, implement, and update strategies and opportunities for growth and improvement to support the hospital’s mission and respond to external and internal issues
- Is responsible for the operational, strategic, financial and clinical performance of the hospital
- Provides for a system of control which clearly identifies deviations from plans and budgets; assure periodic comparison of performance and/or results against established standards for objectives; and assure corrective actions for deviation from plans so that annual results are in line with strategic goals
- Maintains the hospital’s compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements
- Keeps abreast of new legislative information that impacts the critical access venue
- Establishes personal and professional credibility and an environment of trust, candor and genuine two way communications
- Serves as a positive role model and mentor
- Educates and promotes customer service throughout entire facility
- Provides hospital operations coaching or mentoring
- Attracts and retains physicians; maintain high levels of physician satisfaction
- Works closely with the medical staff to ensure quality care, resolve conflicts and remove barriers to physicians admitting and referring to the hospital
- Implements Board education and development programs through internal and external resources
- Takes a proactive approach to managed care, healthcare reform and related issues
- Develops new business opportunities
- Active participation within the community, participates in and represent the hospital in professional, civic, and service organizations
- Manages subordinate leader(s) who supervise employee(s) and/or supervise individual contributors as appropriate
- Defines and communicates performance expectations
- Plans, assigns and directs work: follows up to assesses achievement of results
- Evaluates performance; coaches employees on an ongoing basis and takes developmental action as needed
- Rewards and recognizes notable performance
- Addresses complaints, resolves problems and addresses unacceptable behavior promptly
- Attracts, develops and retains talent
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CHC's/hospital's policies and applicable laws
- Master's Degree in a healthcare related field or a BS in a healthcare related field with a business related masters, or the equivalent in education and experience
- 8 -10 years progressively more responsible healthcare experience at the senior administrative level
- CEO and/or COO experience required. Critical Access hospital experience is preferred
- Leadership and experience in a small town environment with a track record of effective operational, financial, business development, and strategic skills
- Must have a track record of proactively developing positive relationships with physicians, employees, Board members and community leaders
- Must have a track record of leading staff to provide safe quality patient care
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to enhance a quality of care environment, positive clinical outcomes and a high level of patient, physician and employee satisfaction
- Ability to mentor and cultivate a talented management team
- Ability to lead a high performing team and achieve results through others
- Ability to work with all levels of management and respecting all differences
- Ability to create and maintain a positive community image
- Ability to define goals and develop strategic opportunities for the betterment of the hospital
- Ability to identify and resolve operational and administrative problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to communicate openly, effectively and frequently with multiple audiences
- Ability to be diplomatic and possess a high degree of political savvy
- Energetic, a good listener, with the ability to identify and resolve operational and administrative problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to produce quality results
- Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts, terminology, programs and processes unique to the healthcare industry
- Proficient knowledge of all related critical access legal, regulatory and financial requirements
About Yoakum Community Hospital:
Yoakum Community Hospital, Yoakum, Texas, is a 23-bed Critical Access Hospital that has provided healthcare and served neighbors in Yoakum and the surrounding areas since 1922.
With a strong legacy of healthcare, Yoakum Community Hospital provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services to meet the evolving health care needs of our community. These services include laboratory, rehabilitation, imaging, emergency and urgent care, general medicine, diabetes education, treatment for sleep disorders, surgery, cardiology, and the many specialty physicians who schedule patient appointments at the YCH Outpatient Clinic.
The hospital holds designation as the only Level IV trauma center in the area. We believe this recognition indicates the quality of care and our ongoing commitment to patients in Yoakum and the surrounding communities.
About Community Hospital Corporation
Community Hospital Corporation is a Texas not-for-profit company whose sole mission is to help not-for-profit hospitals, such as Yoakum Community Hospital, remain community-operated and governed. CHC owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations - CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC Continue Care, which share a common purpose of preserving and protecting community hospitals. Based in Plano, Texas, the organization provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
For more information about CHC, please visit the company website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chief Executive Officer.
Benefits include a competitive salary, relocation package along with incentive compensation plan, 401(k) savings and match, and a comprehensive health and welfare benefits package.
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and company policy, CHC and its affiliate companies require all employees to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation as a condition of employment. As a result, these conditions must be met by the first date of employment.
CHC is a tobacco and drug free workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Active Listening
- Business Development
- Clinical Works
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service