To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Abilene, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HollyFrontier Corporation • Abilene, TX
Posted 1 day ago
Holly Energy Partners located in Abilene, TX is seeking a Pipeline Technician. The Pipeline Technician conducts basic assignments and duties for the Pipeline Department under close supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Works primarily on pipeline equipment and pump stations
- Balances the terminal (i.e., Barrels in/Barrels out)
- Ensures equipment is operating properly, including the specification, installation, testing and repair of low voltage (480 volts or less) electrical and electronic equipment
- Calibrates safety equipment
- Performs quality control checks on the product
- Responds to upsets and abnormal operating instances
- Generates various reports for daily distribution
- Verifies compliance with DOT requirements
- Ensures operations and safety procedures are followed at all times
- Represents the company to third parties
- May be responsible for “dig test” one call system, monitoring one calls, and dispatching to the location as needed
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of three years of job-related experience is required.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
Working knowledge of the pipeline industry or related industry. Basic reading and writing skills. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
A general familiarization with DOT safety rules and regulations is preferred.
Office and field based with up to 10% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors environment, and driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, and exposure to the risk of electrical shock. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 48 ft, perceiving color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required, and strenuous physical activity.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
Holly Energy Partners, L.P., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries. The Partnership, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, owns and/or operates petroleum product and crude gathering pipelines, tankage and terminals in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming and Kansas as well as refinery processing units in Kansas and Utah.
Join Holly Energy Partners where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.