Who Are We?
RAM Hotels - a dynamic, thriving, innovative hotel management company headquartered in Columbus, Georgia. Over the last few years, we have quietly and steadfastly taken our place as a leader in the hospitality industry of corporate America; while serving some of the most well-known midscale hotel brands in key markets throughout the Alabama and Georgia region. We strive to meet our guests demands while continuously changing the perception of the hospitality industry. When you join RAM Hotels, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career, you become part of the RAM Hotels family! POSITION: Housekeeper/Room Attendant JOB SUMMARY
Are you friendly and enjoy "rolling out the red carpet" to guests? Do you enjoy creating stellar guest experiences? Are you a team player that is energetic, friendly, and professional? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to deliver excellent customer service? The housekeeping/room attendant performs routine duties of cleaning and servicing our guest rooms beyond expectation while following the directive of the Executive Housekeeper. The housekeeping/room attendant promotes a positive image of the hotel establishment to guests and enjoys assisting our guests with such a pleasant and friendly temperament. If you enjoy anticipating the needs of guests to create that stellar guest experience - this job is for you! JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and attentive service to guests; anticipate guests needs and answer questions that the guests may have pertaining to their visit with us; respond promptly; be familiar with property location, property amenities, as well as local attractions and activities to answer guests' inquiries; resolve guests' complaints to ensure guests satisfaction
- Complete all required brand specific training as directed by Executive Housekeeper; complete all required health and safety training; adhere to all property specific brand standards; knowledge of fire alarm and evacuation procedures
- Enter and prepare guest rooms for cleaning as per hotel standards which includes but is not limited to: making beds; dust television, pictures and furniture; sweep and/or vacuum floors and carpets; clean windows and mirrors; clean the bathroom and empty trash containers; clean the closet; clean and disinfect telephones daily; replenish amenities; remove dirty bed linen and replace with clean linen; realign furniture to the floor plan; check and secure room when finished; clean supply cart of garbage, dirty linens, and used cleaning supplies and restock supply cart at the end of shift; update and submit room assignment sheet
- Familiar with the lost and found policy of the hotel; take responsibility in submitting any lost or found items in guest rooms immediately to the Executive Housekeeper - this includes any item left behind such as a purse, wallet, jewelry, etc.
- Perform other tasks as necessary or required to meet or exceed guest satisfaction
• High-school graduate or equivalent and a minimum of six months work-related experience (hospitality or janitorial experience - strongly preferred)
• Excellent customer service skillsINDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in the hospitality industry (preferred)
• Previous experience as a housekeeper/room attendant or janitorial services (preferred) REQUIRED SKILLS
• Ability to follow directions and work in a fast-paced environment
• Additional training (as required)
• Must be flexible to work varied schedules
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to listen attentively
• Must have the physical ability to walk, bend, and stand for long time periods
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Must adhere to grooming and appearance standards in alignment with uniform
• Must be dependable ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
- Promote the property by demonstrating a "top-notch" attitude toward our guests which includes anticipating the guests needs - be proactive
- Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the property; embrace and respect diversity and multi-cultural environments
RAM Hotels hires the best people, we work extremely hard to provide benefits that make work-life balance that much more enjoyable. As a leader in the hospitality industry, we promote advancement opportunities, we offer our eligible employees comprehensive health benefit packages for you and your family, vacation time, quarterly bonuses, and other additional perks being an employee of RAM Hotels. RAM Hotels
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Active Listening
- Customer Service
- Diversity Awareness