At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SENIOR MANAGER – NATIONAL TAX – PARTNERSHIP TRANSACTIONAL PLANNING & ECONOMICS GROUP (PTPEG) – TRANSACTION ECONOMICS GROUP
Our National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of modeling and analysis as part of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by helping clients to understand and manage their tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
Our Transaction Economics Group (TEG) specializes in the analysis of structured financial transactions covering a variety of industries. Drawing on our academic background in economics and finance, as well as our substantial industry experience, we work closely with our clients and other groups at EY, including M&A, Capital Markets, Partnerships/Joint Ventures and International Tax. As part of this group, you'll utilize a wide range of financial and economic modeling techniques, including cash flow modeling, derivatives pricing, term structure modeling, statistical analyses, debt-equity analyses, risk-return analytics and risk management techniques.
Your key responsibilities
Your typical day will involve working in small groups on projects with internal or external clients. You'll be heavily involved in drafting formal deliverables, developing customized financial models, researching business and capital markets trends and speaking to your findings. On top of this you'll be exposed to companies across various industries and located around the world, learning new things every day. We'll look to you to get familiar with certain tax policies and their implications to build your knowledge around research tools and resources so you can speak articulately about a business, industry, or market development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Assisting in the preparation of financial models and other tools that help our clients execute a variety of financial transactions, including asset acquisitions, disposition deals, capital structure transformations, and corporate reorganizations
- Applying principles of corporate finance to assess the economic implications of particular deal structures
- Preparing reports and client presentations
- Working at all levels of transaction structuring and execution, from evaluating alternative structures and bids through closing
- Compiling documentation related to each analysis
To qualify for the role you must have
- Achieved a bachelor's degree, typically with a concentration in Economics, Finance, Operations Research, Financial Engineering or Statistics.
- Chartered Financial Analyst® or Master’s degree or PhD in Taxation, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Financial Engineering, Management Science and Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
- 5or more years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 3 years of related work experience
- Flexible, willing to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willing and able to learn, work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization and time management skills, ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
Ideally, you'll also have
- Programing skills (VB and/or Matlab), familiarity with other financial software packages
- Familiarity with Bloomberg data terminals and other market research tools exposure to fixed income analytics and option pricing models are a plus
What we look for
We're interested in intellectually curious people, with a diverse set of interests and backgrounds and an entrepreneurial mindset. Given the multidisciplinary nature of our team's analyses, you'll also need to have strong communication skills, the ability to manage your schedule, and the desire to go beyond assigned tasks to see the big picture. If you're ready to make a tangible difference right from the start and bring your big ideas to this growing team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $155,900 to $356,100. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $187,100 to $404,600. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to National Tax Passthrough Transactions Group Senior Manager- Boston.
- Accounts Payable
- Capital Markets
- Capital Structures
- Corporate Finance