Position at Alpine
Alpine is seeking a Jr./Sr. Staff Accountant in our Glenview, IL location facility to provide accurate and timely financial information for internal and corporate reporting. The Jr./Sr. Staff Accountant will be responsible for general accounting and month-end close processes including cash, inventory, sales, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets, sales analysis and ad-hoc analysis as required. This role will effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information to key stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and variances.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant recording, reporting and analysis of financial information in compliance with ITW policies and GAAP.
- Preparation of financial statements, business reports, and/or reports required by corporate and/or regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the annual standard cost setting process, departmental budgets, and capital expenditure plan.
- Provide financial support for various special projects including cost analysis, internal/external audits, sales/use tax audits, and other ad-hoc requests.
- Understand and apply ITW financial policies consistently and effectively. Ensures that accurate financial records and strong internal controls are in place and being followed.
- Calculate and report on commissions and customer rebates as well as financial analysis related to various sales and marketing business objectives.
- Assists in preparation of annual operation plan, long range strategic plans, monthly outlooks, quarterly reviews and other special analysis.
- Lead audit request requirements.
- Ensuring the health and safety of yourself and others in your work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required or equivalent advanced degree
- Minimum of 2-5 years Accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Fixed Assets experience a plus
- Strong business communication and analytical skills
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click URL blocked - click to apply for information on how to contact us directly.
Standard Accounting Practices