GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role\:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab10 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated EQUIPMENT ENGINEER to become part of our 300mm factory in Hopewell Junction, New York. This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Hopewell Junction, New York, and report to the Fab10 Equipment/Maintenance Manager with the primary responsibility of owning specific toolsets as assigned by the Manager.
Essential Responsibilities include\:
In your role as Equipment Engineer you are responsible to support equipment installations and manufacturing operations in Fab10. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to\:
- Work with the equipment suppliers, maintenance technicians, and cross-functional teams on equipment PM and CM procedures for assigned equipment
- Setup and maintain FDC, PM specification, and other quality systems for the assigned tools
- Support yield and Continuous Improvement activities related to the Wets/Cleans ( FSI, Tel, Lam ) Equipment
- Participate in and support troubleshooting and taskforces as needed. Develop solutions that prevent recurrence. Strong Electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Experience in leading teams with an emphasis on project leadership fundamentals, effective communication and spending justification
- Equipment engineering skills with solid experiences in resolving tool related challenges
- In-depth knowledge of Predictive and Preventive Maintenance techniques
- Continue to improve robust equipment PM procedures and methodologies for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem-solving skill
- Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
- Support installation of new equipment as well as sustaining of existing tools
- Drive cost saving initiatives through second sources, direct sources, parts life-time improvement, and pm optimizations
- Provide leadership and guidance to effectively identifying root causes to equipment issues. Responsible for driving resolutions and closures of issues
- Develop and train the equipment technicians. Create materials and perform training of technicians working on tools in the area
- Setup Equipment performance KPIs, monitoring and adjustment according to fab goals
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education\: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or closely related discipline
- Experience\: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- <5% Travel required
- Previous Engineer internship or Co-Op experience; manufacturing or semiconductor industry.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Equipment Engineer / Equipment Engineering (New College Graduate) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Complex Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Installations (Computer Systems)